Result: Tie 8-8
Trending in the right direction! Saw really good improvements from last week.
Things we did well:
- catching % – saw some tough catches made!
- man coverage
- cutting to open space
- smarter passing decisions
- patience when in scoring range
- transition defense – good communication yelling ‘turnover’ lead to us getting back on defense faster
- picking good matchups – know the strengths of your opponent and matchup according to your strengths (i.e. fast covers fast, tall covers tall, etc.)
Things to work on for next week:
- using a fake + lunge to create an easier throw for yourself (let’s practice this)
- passing backwards to get a better angle and disorient defense
- know your teammates (e.g. I am not good at long bombs so stay closer for a short pass when I have the disc)
- observe your coverage’s weaknesses (i.e. most people have a dominant throwing side so force them throw on their weak side)